Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda is a game for the Nintendo Switch, developed by Brace Yourself Games. It is a crossover spin-off of The Legend of Zelda series and Crypt of the NecroDancer. The game is a roguelike, dungeon crawling, action-adventure rhythm game. It was officially announced during a Nindies Showcase on March 20, 2019.
The game combines the world of The Legend of Zelda with the gameplay of Crypt of the NecroDancer. Players can choose to play as Cadence, Link, Zelda, or Yves to move through procedurally generated overworld and dungeons following the rhythm of 25 remixed The Legend of Zelda tracks to move, attack, and defend against classic The Legend of Zelda enemies.
Cadence of Hyrule was initially to be DLC for Crypt of the NecroDancer but became a full release.
While not confirmed to be canon, Cadence of Hyrule contains hints and themes that revolve around a certain, albeit undefined, place in the timeline.
|Any%||PLTBreeze||12m 6s||April 9, 2021|
|Any% (No Major Glitches)||WasKi115||16m 27s 130ms||March 4, 2021|
|Any% Co-op (No Major Glitches)||norbs99
|18m 18s 360ms||January 2, 2022|
|100% (No Major Glitches)||WasKi115||1h 11m 12s||May 25, 2021|
|All Instruments (No Major Glitches)||WasKi115||24m 24s 390ms||Feburary 24, 2021|
|All Barriers and Castles||—||—||—|
|All Barriers and Castles (No Major Glitches)||WasKi115||28m 35s||August 3, 2022|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ケイデンス・オブ・ハイラル: クリプト・オブ・ネクロダンサー feat. ゼルダの伝説 (Keidensu Obu Hairaru: Kuriputo Obu Nekurodansā Fīto. Zeruda No Densetsu)||Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda|
|German||Cadence of Hyrule|
- Nintendo, Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Ft. The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo E3 2019, YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Nintendo 公式チャンネル, ケイデンス・オブ・ハイラル: クリプト・オブ・ネクロダンサー feat. ゼルダの伝説 [E3 2019 出展映像], YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Nintendo UK, Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda - E3 2019 Trailer, YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- "Get the complete adventure with all three DLC packs included.
Available October 23, 2020." — Physical Version, Cadence of Hyrule Official Website, retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "さらに、ゲーム本編と3つの追加コンテンツがセットになった「パッケージ版」も10月23日に発売決定。これまでに配信された無料大型アップデートも、最初から収録されています。" — ZeldaOfficialJP, Japanese release date(web archive), Twitter, published July 20, 2020, retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "A packaged version of #CadenceOfHyrule + Season Pass will be available in stores from 23/10!" — Nintendo of Europe, European release date(web archive), Twitter, published July 20, 2020, retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "We get this question fairly often I guess. We did think about that a little bit, yes. We’re not going to say that our game is canon in the Zelda timeline or anything, but based on the characters in the game and certain hints here and there it does have a certain place within the Zelda chronology." —Oliver Trujillo (Cadence of Hyrule developer stream.)
- Nintendo, Nindies Showcase Spring 2019, YouTube (Video), published March 20, 2019, retrieved March 20, 2019.
- "In the latest rhythmic action-adventure from Brace Yourself Games, you can enjoy the gameplay of Crypt of the Necrodancer in the setting of The Legend of Zelda series. As Link—or even as Princess Zelda—you'll explore the randomly generated overworld and dungeons on a quest to save Hyrule. Every beat of each remixed, The Legend of Zelda tune is a chance to move, attack, defend, and more, so stay one step ahead of each enemy and boss...or face the music. Cadence of Hyrule is coming Spring 2019!" — Nintendo, Cadence of Hyrule - Crypt of the Necrodancer ft. The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo Switch, YouTube.
- "“We were considering making a new Nintendo Switch project,” Clark explained to me “and we imagined how cool it would be to have Zelda characters appearing in NecroDancer; say as DLC.” But Nintendo’s interest apparently grew beyond a simple DLC. “To our surprise, Nintendo was extremely interested in the prospect, and before we knew it we were working on a completely new title, mashing up NecroDancer with The Legend of Zelda!”" — Tom Marks, How an Indie Developer Is Making an Official Zelda Game, IGN.
- Eddie Makuch, The Game Awards 2019 Winners: Sekiro Takes Game Of The Year, GameSpot, published December 13, 2019, retrieved December 13, 2019.